Wednesday, 31 October 2018

NEA Preparation: How Representation of Social Groups are Constructed

In the NEA brief, it specifies I have to represent at least one social group. I will be representing white teenagers, upper class businessmen and the middle class.

A low angle camera shot can make someone seem more powerful and in control that I will use for my antagonist (upper class) and performer.

Image result for high angle vs low angle

A high angle shot can make someone seem less powerful or influential which I will use for my main character to show his lack of control.
Image result for high angle vs low angle

Audio codes can influence representation in any media text. Because there is no dialogue in my text, I will be matching the music to the personalities of my character. The background music behind a character can greatly change the representations.

Iconography can also influence representation; I will use iconography in the subjects to show the general message of the video. To generate representation of characters I will use iconography in the form of the props I will give to my characters and the costumes used for them.
This post will be updated as more research is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment