Thursday, 15 November 2018

NEA Preparation: Student Music Videos

 To make sure my music video is made to a high standard I have watched high graded student music videos, and also music videos made by students from our school. I have determined the features that improve and features that reduce the quality of the video, and will use it in decision making for my NEA.

Video 1: Stuck made by Henry Nathan

This video is particularly relevant to me as it is filmed in a cinematic style which is the style I am attempting. At 0:48 they use a very effective match cut, that was so smooth it took me three watches to notice.At 1:20 they use an unnecessary bloom effect which ruins the immersion. However to their credit they have very few shots that are unneccesary and everything is either performance or development to the story. For this reason I will be minimizing the amount of atmospheric shots in my piece. They also use smooth camera movement that compliments the cinematic style, so I will focus on making sure my shots are smooth, to make it look well produced.

This post will be updated as more research is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment